The web has become a vital part of modern life and no one can deny the fact that without the existence of the World Wide Web, mankind would be hopeless. A web site is the best form of advertising a product or service because it reaches a worldwide audience in a very short span of time. However, not all web designs are created equal. Knowing what these principles are, will make it easier for you to choose a design template that will work best for your business.
- Good web design should be eye-catching. It must create an impulse to visit the site. In other words, it must be visually appealing. It is impossible to have a great web site if people do not visit it.
- Your web site must be easy to navigate. It is very important that users who arrive at your site should find it easy to find their way around. If this is not the case, there is a very high chance that these visitors will just navigate away from your site.
- It is very important that the content of the web site is clear and concise. One does not have to go through a lot of information just to know what a particular product or service is all about. A web design template is also nothing if it does not contain the relevant information. Moreover, web pages that are well designed also tend to be more user-friendly. When visitors have to look around for something, they will find it very easy to navigate. If they are not able to find what they are looking for, most likely they will not stay for long on your website.
- The navigation of the web pages should also be simple and straightforward. Remember, users do not have hours to spend on websites. What’s the use of having one if it is so hard to use? So, it is imperative that you find a web design template that makes navigation to your site a breeze!
- Make sure that the web page is SEO friendly. This means that it must have a title, a description, and an Alt tag. All of these elements will help search engines identify the web page and what it is about. This will make it easier for your potential customers to find you.
- Choose wisely the colors that will be used on your web page. Remember, this is the first thing that people will see. Therefore, you do not want any distracting colors or patterns introduced in the first few seconds of the viewer’s eyes. If your web design template already uses colors that are eye-catching, then stick with them. Otherwise, you would be wasting your time and money. Again, colors can be found in the theme and the color of the website.
- Use content. Content is what will keep viewers glued to your web pages. Remember that they do not have hours to read. They simply scan web pages quickly to get the information they need. If your web design template has too much flashy text, then chances are your website will not hold their attention and they will just close the browser window.
- If your website already has too much text, then try to cut down the font size a little. You may also consider putting in shorter sentences. Again, it is the content in your web design template that is important. Do not focus on having fancy graphics.
- Make sure that your web design template includes drop-down menus. Why? This is very important because most people browse through web pages using a mouse. When they do not see a menu option, they just click off to the side instead.
Finally, remember that an eye-catching background image will make the web pages more interesting. Therefore, you do not just limit it to the texts. You can actually include photos in your web design templates. Just make sure that they are relevant to what is stated in the page. An example would be a picture of the company’s logo with the text beneath it.